I’ve been looking around the house to see what area needs the most help with organizing and decluttering next! I decided that we have covered most of the basics this month (besides children’s rooms and the garage which we will still be doing) and decided to approach today differently than the rest.
Today’s organizing and decluttering challenge is to spend 30 minutes on your basement, garage, or any other room in your home that we haven’t covered. This could be a porch, an extra family room, bedrooms, etc.
Our home is different than many because the basement is only used as a tornado shelter. (It’s yucky down there!) We don’t have a garage, we have a quonset where we keep our vehicles. And we don’t store anything in the attic. So I am going to do my extra bathroom today. You can choose whatever room suits your needs, just work on that room for 30 minutes and you are done!
Tips for decluttering and organizing today:
- For whatever area you are working on make sure you sort into what stays in the area, what is trash, what needs to be moved to somewhere else, and what you can sell or give to someone else?
- Do you have items that belong to someone else and need returned?
- Group like items together. If you are working on your garage, do you keep sports equipment, garden supplies and equipment, and furniture in there? Do you have enough room? What can you get rid of?
- For the attic or basement, are you storing items you will never use again such as baby equipment, decorations, or other people’s stuff? If you are done having babies, get rid of the baby stuff!
- Be real with yourself as you are organizing and decluttering.
- Do you need to add shelving?
- Remember, the more you can free yourself of, the more free you will feel!
I can’t wait to know what you are working on today!
(Have you missed the previous challenges? Don’t worry you can jump in right where we are in the series and go back later if you want to catch up or just finish out what we’re working on with us! I’m so happy that you are joining us in organizing and decluttering your home!)
Day 27 Update: Day 27: Day 26 Update: Day 26: Day 25 Update: Day 25: Day 24 Update: Day 24: Day 23 Update: Day 23: Day 22 Update: Day 22: Day 21 Update: Day 21: Day 20 Update: Day 20: Day 19 Update: Day 19: Day 18 Update: Day 18: Day 17 Update: Day 17: Day 16 Update: Day 16: Day 15 Update: Day 15: Day 14 Update: Day 14: Day 13 Update: Day 13: Day 12 Update: Day 12: Day 11 Update: Day 11: Day 10 Update: Day 10: Day 9 Update: Day 9: Day 8 Update: Day 8: Day 7 Update: Day 7: Day 6 Update: Day 6: Day 5 Update: Day 5: Day 4 Update: Day 4: Day 3 Update: Day 3: Day 2 Update: Day 2: Day 1 Update: Day 1: