I had originally planned on having the project today be organizing and decluttering the toy area or craft areas in our homes but after looking for a paper for one of my children in the car today for 15 minutes I changed my mind! (Don’t worry, I am going to address that area tomorrow, instead!) Therefore, today’s challenge is organizing and decluttering your vehicle!
We spend a lot of time in the car. Too much, in my opinion! It feels like we live in there some days. Because of that, a clean vehicle quickly can turn messy, unorganized, and cluttered up. My middle daughter feels that she has to bring something with her to do every time we go. Half of the time she ends up leaving part of what she brought with her in the car. Add to that 4 more children and 2 adults and the vehicle can quickly turn to chaos and mess very quickly!
Here are some ideas for you as you work on your own vehicle today:
- Grab a few garbage bags and begin by getting all of the garbage and anything else out of the vehicle. I use one bag for trash, one for clothing items or anything else that will need washed (it’s winter so there are random hats, gloves, etc that get left in the car) and one for everything else that needs to go into the house. (Don’t forget the trunk if you have one, or the back area of your SUV.
- After the clutter is out, I shake out the floor mats and vacuum out the vehicle. A canister of wipes always comes in handy for wiping down walls, cup holders, and the seats.
- After that is finished, I clean the windows.
- Do you keep an emergency kit in your vehicle? How about a first aid kit?
- As you are working on your vehicle, keep the following in mind: Is your vehicle due for an oil change? If so, schedule it! Do you have DVDs or CDs floating around your car? Find the cases and put them away. I keep an organizer similar to this one in the middle seat of our SUV. It holds our DVDs we keep in the car and also has some pockets for other things we need (baby wipes, facial tissues, etc).
- Do you need something for the back of your SUV or your trunk to keep your things from sliding around?
- When you are finished, does your vehicle need to go through the car wash?
I hope this challenge will bless you and your family! I despise getting into a dirty, cluttered vehicle so I hope you will enjoy the challenge of organizing and decluttering your vehicle!
(Have you missed the previous challenges? Don’t worry you can jump in right where we are in the series and go back later if you want to catch up or just finish out what we’re working on with us! I’m so happy that you are joining us in organizing and decluttering your home!)
Day 25 Update: Day 25: Day 24 Update: Day 24: Day 23 Update: Day 23: Day 22 Update: Day 22: Day 21 Update: Day 21: Day 20 Update: Day 20: Day 19 Update: Day 19: Day 18 Update: Day 18: Day 17 Update: Day 17: Day 16 Update: Day 16: Day 15 Update: Day 15: Day 14 Update: Day 14: Day 13 Update: Day 13: Day 12 Update: Day 12: Day 11 Update: Day 11: Day 10 Update: Day 10: Day 9 Update: Day 9: Day 8 Update: Day 8: Day 7 Update: Day 7: Day 6 Update: Day 6: Day 5 Update: Day 5: Day 4 Update: Day 4: Day 3 Update: Day 3: Day 2 Update: Day 2: Day 1 Update: Day 1:
**The links in this post are my referral links. When you order a product through this link it may result in a small commission, which helps me pay the cost of running this site, but does not add any additional cost to you. Thank you! You can read my disclosure policy here.