As wives, one of the greatest gifts we can give our husbands is to pray for them. I’ve been working on my own personal prayer journal and wanted to incorporate more scripture into my personal prayers for my husband. Here is the last week of scripture to pray for your husband (with the extra 3 verses complete the series of 31 Days of Scripture). I am using the ESV version of the Bible on all of the scriptures.
- To be a man of prayer. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. James 5:16 ESV
- To seek wise counsel. Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. Proverbs 13:20 ESV
- To fulfill his responsibilities. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating.Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more. Luke 12:48 ESV
- For his future and purpose. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
- To be thankful. Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High. Psalm 50:14 ESV
- For him to be wise with finances. No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. Luke 16:13 ESV
- To understand and use balance in his life. For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time o dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 ESV
- For his words. Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29 ESV
- For you to be a blessing to your husband. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:28 ESV
- For his character. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness. Galatians 5:22 ESV
I hope you have enjoyed this journey of praying for your husband! What was your favorite scripture verse to pray for your husband?
Did you miss the other posts in this series? Here they are!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!