As wives, one of the greatest gifts we can give our husbands is to pray for them. I’ve been working on my own personal prayer journal and wanted to incorporate more scripture into my personal prayers for my husband. I will be updating each Tuesday the next week’s worth of scripture to pray for your husband. I am using the ESV version of the Bible on all of these scriptures.
- Pray for your relationship– Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church. Ephesians 5:25-29 ESV
- Pray your husband is living according to God’s plan for him– I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:1-2 ESV
- Pray for your husband to look for the best interests of everyone– Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3-5 ESV
- Pray for your husband to grow spiritually– But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18 ESV
- Pray for your husband for when his heart is troubled– Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27 ESV
- Pray for your husband to serve God– Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58 ESV
- Pray for your husband to give it all to God– pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV
I hope you will join me in this journey of praying for your husband! What is your favorite scripture verse to pray for your husband?
**Did you miss the other posts in this series? Here they are!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!