As wives, one of the greatest gifts we can give our husbands is to pray for them. I’ve been working on my own personal prayer journal and wanted to incorporate more scripture into my personal prayers for my husband. I will be updating each Tuesday the next week’s worth of scripture to pray for your husband. I am using the ESV version of the Bible on all of these scriptures.
- To be a good father. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4 ESV
- To take care of his health and body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV
- For blessings at work. Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men. Proverbs 22:29 ESV
- For him to make good use of his time. Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16 ESV
- To be bold in sharing his faith. And I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ. Philemon 1:6 ESV
- For him to use his spiritual gifts in a way that pleases God. Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 1 Corinthians 12:7 ESV
- For when he is overwhelmed. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 ESV
I hope you will join me in this journey of praying for your husband! What is your favorite scripture verse to pray for your husband?
**Did you miss the other posts in this series? Here they are!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!