How often do you struggle with buckling down to get stuff done? If you are like me, it can be several times a day when faced with tasks that I really don’t want to do (especially when there fun choices like checking your social media accounts, playing a game with your child, or spending time on a favorite hobby)!
If you missed my first 3 tips to get stuff done (when you don’t want to do it) you can find them here!
Today I’m sharing 2 more ways I get stuff done when I have tasks that I don’t want to do!
- Set an alarm or timer. This works really well on a task that is going to take a long time and can be broken into chunks. (For example, cleaning out a storage room or garage when it’s really messy and will not get finished in one setting.) I set my alarm on my phone for a predetermined amount of time and get to work. When it goes off, I’m done.
- Recruit help! This doesn’t always work but can make a big difference in getting a task completed! My kids are getting old enough to help with a lot of the household tasks. We cleaned out the garage last weekend and I gave each child a task. We had the entire garage swept out and picked up in an hour. If I’d have done it alone it would have taken me at least 2 to 3 hours. I rewarded them for helping with a trip to see a movie that afternoon and we all agreed it was definitely worth the small amount of work we each put in to cleaning earlier that day.
- Turn off the electronics! Beeping notifications on your phone are distracting. Letting yourself get sucked into Facebook or other social media wastes time. Being distraction free really helps speed up the process of finishing your task and moving on to other fun things that you do enjoy!
What are your best tips for getting stuff done that you don’t want to do?
Happy Wednesday! Thanks for joining in the party!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to a new week of Women With Intention! I’m feeling extra humbled to those of you who choose to link up with me each week so this week I’m featuring THREE bloggers! Yay!
Our final feature this week is from Brooke with her post Awesome List of Free Christian Videos & Apps For Kids.
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger and possibly another post such as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
I’d love for you to add a button to help spread the word about Women With Intention Wednesdays (thank you)!
[inlinkz_linkup id=657783 mode=1]
I ask this because my husband has been counting the days until football is back for months! I personally don’t mind watching it but I’m not a die hard fan! 😉
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!