Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to another week of Women With Intention Wednesdays! Is it just me or did this last week go by really fast?
We have successfully made it through our first full week of summer vacation! When my kids are home I love to take advantage of that “together time” by doing fun things as a family which includes anything from summer activities like the swimming pool to hopscotch to gardening. However, I also want to keep their little minds working so I always add in some home school type activities into our routine.
This year is no exception and I am very excited to not only be doing regular schooling activities to keep them active with math and reading but we’re also working on something more important…building character and the best place to learn about character comes from the Bible.
I was very graciously given Lads & Ladies of Wisdom by Kathie Morrissey of The Character Corner in exchange for an honest review on her curriculum. (I’m sure many of you have visited her great posts that she links up at Women With Intention Wednesdays each week.)
The purpose of Lads & Ladies of Wisdom curriculum is to teach children the importance of wisdom based on the book of Proverbs. This is designed for grades 1-6 in elementary school. (There is a different curriculum called Lads & Ladies of Virtue for kids in preschool or early elementary school if you are interested!)
There are 20 weekly lessons and each lesson includes:
- a weekly memory verse
- fun activities to reinforce the lessons
- a daily prayer
- Bible verses to read each day
- “keys” to help remember the verses
- and there is an optional activity book
Being a very busy on-the-go mom there are several things that I really enjoy about this curriculum.
- It’s organized for me. There are very few things I need to do to prepare and I’m ready to go.
- The lessons are short and planned out which makes them easy to complete in a busy day usually taking 5-10 minutes!
- Even though the lessons are built for 1st through 6th grade use, I’m also able to include my younger 2 children in on our learning experience and we’ve had some really good family discussions.
If you are a mom like me, who’d like to encourage her children’s learning with Biblical knowledge and build their character I would definitely recommend visiting The Character Corner and checking out Lads & Ladies of Wisdom. It’s inexpensive, easy to use, and is a great way to introduce or expand your children’s Biblical knowledge!
Sometimes even with the best parenting intentions and guidance, our children can stray from God. This week I’m featuring Tina of Mom Is Forever with her encouraging post Parenting the Prodigal Child .
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just keep them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! I’ve had a few bloggers email me who haven’t had any clicks and there were more last week than any before. Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured post. I will only feature and pin your post if you have followed the rules. All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
In order to help grow this community with great posts and relationships, I would love it if you would add the party button to your sidebar, your blog directory page, or a text link at the bottom of your post. This isn’t required to participate in the link-up but I would really appreciate it!
If you were featured be sure to grab a button for your site! Thank you for linking up and sharing your great posts!
Community building question of the week: What is one of your favorite summer memories?
I used to go visit several of my Aunts for a fun mini “summer vacation” when I was younger! I was fortunate to do some traveling with them and also to have some very fun and unique experiences.