It’s the last day of September! I can’t believe it! Not only did it flash by,
A few months ago I came across Leigh Kramer’s “What I’m Into” posts and was instantly inspired. I am one of those people who truly enjoy reading about other people’s goals, lives, what they are reading, and any other lists they throw out for me to browse! Be sure to check it out of it you enjoy that, too!
**Some of the links in this post are my referral links. When you order a product through this link it may result in a small commission, which helps me pay the cost of running this site, but does not add any additional cost to you. Thank you for your support of my site and for supporting my family! You can read my disclosure policy here.
What I’ve Been Doing:
- Exercise! I’ve been doing well on exercising early in the morning after the kids get on the bus. My goal has been in between 4 to 5 times a week. I’ve noticed that I have more energy and feel much better when I do it. Each day I’m done by 8 AM so I am done dreading it for the rest of the day which has been a huge motivator.
- Ordering lights, faucets, and other house necessities.
- I had my first mammogram. Breast cancer runs in my family and my doctor recommended I start early so we have a baseline to watch. For my friends that haven’t had one, it was uncomfortable but if you can make it through a Pap Smear, this wasn’t any worse. Being healthy is important!
What I’ve Read & What I’m Reading:
What I’m Excited About:
- Our house is getting closer to being complete. Fingers crossed, but hopefully it will be almost finished by the end of October!
- The changing colors of Autumn.
- Halloween. I enjoy Halloween (I know…some Christians are completely against Halloween). We trick-or-treat and my kids like to dress up. It’s as simple as that. (Oh and I get to eat Halloween candy which is another thing I’m excited about!)
- My new series in October which is all about purpose!
Things I Love:
- Breakfast dates with my husband. We’ve been enjoying having a few dates without having to pay a babysitter!
- Pumpkins! Our garden really produced this year! I’m excited to carve and decorate them with the kids later this month.
- Soup season! It’s been too hot to enjoy soup for a long time but I love soup!
- Fall Bucket Lists
What I’ve Enjoyed In The Blogosphere:
I always share my favorite posts and finds on my Facebook page! I also post completely different things on Instagram! I’ve recently been very into Chalene Johnson’s podcasts. They’re inspiring and many are just right to listen to while I’m on the elliptical in the morning.
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome back to another great week of community building and support for one another! Once again, it’s been chaotic here on the pinning of your great posts, but I have a schedule put into place to get caught up over the next week. 🙂 Thanks for hanging with me!
This week’s most popular post was Gratitude and Journaling by Jade at Henibean. I was drawn to this post because I enjoy keeping a gratitude journal but as I read more posts I knew I had to include it in this week’s feature. Jade shares on her blog about her daughter, Heni’s amazing journey with Edwards Syndrome, Trisonomy 21. What a story!
Thank you all for giving me such great posts to read each week! Keep them coming!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured post. I will only feature and pin your post if you have followed the rules. All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
In order to help grow this community with great posts and relationships, I would love it if you would add the party button to your sidebar, your blog directory page, or a text link at the bottom of your post. This isn’t required to participate in the link-up but I would really appreciate it!
If you were featured be sure to grab a button for your site! Thank you for linking up and sharing your great posts!
[inlinkz_linkup id=568156 mode=1]
Community building questions of the week: What is the last movie that you saw in the theater?
We are not movie goers very often so mine is not very excting! I took the kids to Shaun the Sheep right before school started. I’m planning to take them to Hotel Transylvania 2 this weekend. (I think I enjoyed the first one as much as they did so I hope #2 is just as good!)
The last movie was Inside Out with my grandson. I don’t like theatres so this was a biggie for me. Usually we wait till a movie comes to rent at home.
I’m that way as well! We haven’t seen Inside Out yet but the kids are really wanting to!
Elizabeth @ Guilty Chocoholic Mama says
I LOVE your “what I’m into”list! Great idea. 🙂 And to answer your community question: the last movie I saw in the theater was “The War Room,” at the request of and with my tween and teen daughters. We really enjoyed it and had a great mama-daughter time together. And wow, does this movie make you want to pray more–and more boldly! Thanks so much for hosting this lovely party.
I’ve heard wonderful reviews on that movie! I’m so thankful it was a blessing for all of you 🙂
Michele Morin says
Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Not gonna lie, I really dislike movie theatres, but a bunch of friends were going and so we took all four boys and had an incredibly good time.
I am with you! I can’t stand sitting without doing anything that long! :). Have a great week, Michele!
SO I cannot even remember the last movie I saw in a theater! I usually just wait and see it once it comes out on Amazon or whatever. Ooops!!!I love that your garden is producing pumpkins- that is so fun!!
I couldn’t tell you the last adult movie I’ve seen ;). I have issues sitting that long for any movie! Thanks for linking, Keri!
Either Cinderella or The Hobbit…at the dollar theater 🙂 We go to 1 to 2 movies a year! Have fun with your kids this weekend – I bet they’ll love it! -Jess, http://www.sweetlittleonesblog.com
We rarely go to the theater so it’s always a treat :). Have a great week, Jess!
Michelle @ Its the New Twenty says
Thanks for the book shares! What do you think of PUSH? Been looking for a new motivating read!
I just got it! Check back with me and I’ll let you know! 🙂
I love your breakfast date idea and the last movie we saw was WAR Room and it was amazing. The acting was fantastic and the entire movie was based on biblical principles we should follow daily.
What a great, cheerful post! This brightened my day. I also am very excited about soup season! Thanks for hosting 🙂
You are welcome, Kelsey! Thanks for joining in! 🙂
Mary Hill says
I saw the sequel to The Maze Runner, Scorched Trials. It was much better than the first, but a little too graphic for my taste with the zombie-like sick people everywhere. I liked War Room much better which I saw the week before.
Mary Hill says
Hi, ps. Please consider linking up with us at Literacy Musing Mondays. 🙂 this week’s link:
Thank you so much for featuring me this week on women with intention Jenny. I am so pleases you liked the Journalling and Gratitude post and also some of Heni’s story on Henibean.
The last movie I saw at the theater was also Inside Out (like Michelle …one of the earlier commenters) and as you may have read on my blog I wrote a post on “What I learned from inside out” I have shared it above so you can take a look before you go see it yourself and others can have a read too! Thanks for hosting us all this week again… xx
Hi Jade! You are so welcome! 🙂