August is almost over. I can’t believe it! Fall is just around the corner! For those of you craving pumpkin spice, it’s getting closer each day!
A few months ago I came across Leigh Kramer’s “What I’m Into” posts and was instantly inspired. I am one of those people who truly enjoy reading about other people’s goals, lives, what they are reading, and any other lists they throw out for me to browse!
**Some of the links in this post are my referral links. When you order a product through this link it may result in a small commission, which helps me pay the cost of running this site, but does not add any additional cost to you. Thank you for your support of my site and for supporting my family! You can read my disclosure policy here.
What I’ve Been Doing:
August has been full of new beginnings.
- Twiddling my thumbs and eating Twinkies…School started for the kids and now I’m childless 4 mornings a week. (I am really missing the kids.) The 2 youngest have been loving school but it wears them out! OK, I haven’t had any time to twiddle or eat Twinkies! I’ve been busy with house decisions and projects and helping Jason with the farm but I can dream of twiddling my thumbs!
- Keeping the family supplied with allergy medicine… Evidently we have a tree pollinating at our home as well as some weeds because my entire family is battling allergies. Not fun!
- Jason’s been busy moving dirt at the new house which has me dreaming of landscaping, green grass, and time spent on the patio. We have a long way to go but each day is a day closer!
- Exercise! I’ve been doing well on exercising early in the morning after the kids get on the bus. I have more energy and feel great to be done by 8 AM so I am done dreading it for the rest of the day.
- Tidying! I’m getting ready for a garage sale and packing things I won’t need for the next few months.
It’s getting real!
What I’ve Read & What I’m Reading:
Fired Up & Focused: End Overwhelm. Turn Your Dreams Into Inspired Action.
I haven’t started Fired Up & Focused yet but I’m excited to start soon!
Putting God First: How to Make God the #1 Priority in Every Area of Your Life
My friend, Brittany of Equipping Godly Women has just launched her new eBook! I’m so excited for her!
I am fortunate to be on the launch team so stay tuned, more to come (and this book is a quick read with great tips)!
- Money Secrets of the Amish: Finding True Abundance in Simplicity, Sharing, and Saving. I just started this book but the Amish fascinate me in many ways so I’m looking forward to reading more!
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing. Best book I’ve read this year! I am working my way through tidying my home. My clothes are finished, as well as most of the kids’ clothes.
What I’m Excited About:
School activities are firing up and it’s going to get crazy!
Volleyball and football games start this week! Maddie is a student manager for the high school volleyball team and plays Junior High volleyball. My nephew is a senior so we’re excited to watch his last season of football.
AWANA will be kicking off soon, as well as marching band and Nora’s tutoring.
Jason will start chopping silage in the next week or two. It seems crazy that harvest is just about here.
Life is never dull and we only get one so enjoy every minute of it!
Things I Love:
- I decided if I was going to be serious about working out, shoes are important. I love my new running shoes! I went with Asics. I forgot how great new shoes feel!
- Homemade salsa! My mom and step dad have been grabbing veggies out of our garden and making delicious salsa with it. Yum!
- Downtime! Yesterday we were completely lazy and slept in until 9:30! I can’t remember the last time that happened! It was delightful!
What I’ve Enjoyed In The Blogosphere:
I always share my favorite posts and finds on my Facebook page! I also post completely different things on Instagram!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!
Leave a Reply