Hello! I’m very excited about this post today. Last week I read The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod.
I absolutely loved this book! I found it inspiring, thought-provoking, and very motivating to get me moving on my goals! In The Miracle Morning, Hal Elrod explains what he calls “Level 10 Success”.
In order to create your own “Level 10 Life” you must begin with assessing each of the 10 areas, using a scale from 1-10 and rate your level of satisfaction (using your gut feelings for each area). The 10 areas are divided into:
- Family & Friends
- Personal Growth & Development
- Significant Other/Romance
- Fun & Recreation
- Physical Environment (Home/Office)
A zero would mean you have no satisfaction and a 10 would mean you are completely satisfied in that area of life. You will then find ways that you can work to improve each area of your life in the next 30 days, moving you closer to a “Level 10 Life”. By doing this, you can easily see which areas of your life need the most improvement to improve your quality of living to live your Level 10 Life.
I decided that this would fun to add into my bullet journal so I can track my progress.
Being the goal loving girl I am, I decided to come up with 10 goals for each category. (It didn’t come out perfectly, but close enough for me.) By completing each goal, I will be inching closer to living my “Level 10 Life”.
Some of these goals are audacious while others are much smaller. That said, here are my goals!
100 “LEVEL 10 LIFE” GOALS:
1. FAMILY & FRIENDS: My level 10 life is to be intentionally present in the lives of my family and friends. I can achieve that with the following goals:
- Host an annual BBQ for friends.
- Host a weekend retreat event for Maddie’s college friends.
- Get the kids a Mini Goldendoodle.
- Take a trip with my mom and stepdad and my brother’s family.
- Spend a week at the beach with my family.
- Make some new girlfriends.
- Mentor a young mom.
- Host a freezer meal party for friends once a quarter.
- Take our dads to a KC Royals game.
- Take the kids on individual dates.
2. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: I love the challenge of continuously improving my life. I love to read, listen to podcasts, and learn! My level 10 life includes:
- Utilize time management skills by tracking my time, eliminating unnecessary tasks, and delegating so I have time to work on the most important things.
- Read at least one new book every month.
- Watch and listen to inspiring YouTube videos and podcasts.
- Keep up with my Miracle Morning practice.
- Attend a personal development seminar/retreat.
- Set personal goals at the beginning of every month & review them daily.
- Track my goals and habits in my bullet journal
- Focus on always being positive and kind towards others.
- Take 1 class (and complete it!) every year.
- Recite affirmations daily.
- Live my life by my priorities and values.
3. SPIRITUALITY: My level 10 life is to develop a strong, loving relationship with God. I can achieve that with the following goals:
- Maintain daily quiet time.
- Complete my War Room.
- Try meditating.
- Attend and complete a women’s Bible study.
- Become involved in a life group.
- Keep a prayer journal.
- Attend church regularly.
- Listen to worship songs.
- Assess my state of mind nightly and re-align with my goals.
4. FINANCES: My level 10 life is to be have the freedom to experience life, adventures, and to have choices! I can achieve that with the following goals:
- Have no credit card debt.
- Pay off my student loan.
- Save 6 months of living expenses in an emergency fund.
- Buy a college house for the kids to live in.
- Make enough to where 50% covers my bills. (The other 50% towards savings & giving!)
- Pay for a new car with cash.
- Pay back my mom & step-dad for all the help they gave me when I was just starting out.
- Buy a lake house.
- Build on a sitting porch to the back of the house.
- Be financially able to acquire more land for Jason.
- Own 100 cows.
5. CAREER & BUSINESS: My level 10 life is to own my own business providing flexibility and choices to attend my children’s activities and work from wherever I need to. I can achieve that with the following goals:
- Attend a blogging conference, a planner conference, and a Rodan + Fields conference.
- Speak at a conference.
- Write and publish a physical book.
- Earn a Lexus.
- Write 10 eBooks.
- Develop my own line of paper products.
- Publish my own children’s series.
- Help 30 people achieve a life goal.
- Start a podcast of my own.
- Generate $10,000 in passive income in 1 month.
6. MARRIAGE: My level 10 life is to encourage, respect, and love my husband by spending quality time together, continuing date nights, and pursuing our dreams together. I can achieve that with the following goals:
- Do something fun together once per week.
- Vacation just the 2 of us once per year.
- Celebrate our 10 year anniversary with an amazing European vacation.
- Decluttering and keeping the house tidy.
- Say “I love you” every day (at least once)!
- Keep the romance alive.
- Cook something that he loves once a week.
- Join a life group at church.
- Start a new hobby together.
- Learn to help with new tasks on the farm.
7. FUN & RECREATION:
- Travel to Greece.
- Learn hand-lettering.
- Swim in the ocean on a hot day.
- Refinish 5 pieces of furniture.
- Get together with friends once per week in the summer.
- Go ziplining again.
- Go to a Husker volleyball game
- Try something new once a month.
- Go to the College World Series.
- Start going to the lake again.
- Take a cooking class with my kids!
8. GIVING & CONTRIBUTION: My level 10 life is to help others by donating money and my time. I can achieve that with the following goals:
- Volunteer in the church nursery.
- Pay for a stranger’s groceries.
- Adopt 4 more Compassion International children.
- Buy Christmas presents for a family in need.
- Participate as a family at a Feed My Starving Children event.
- Pay for someone’s gas.
- Give a stranger a $100 bill.
- Volunteer to rock babies in the NICU
- Give $500 to a local charity
9.PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: My level 10 life is to continue loving my home! It’s so beautiful. I can achieve that with the following goals:
- Landscape the outside of our home.
- KonMari my home.
- Buy only furniture that I love.
- Decorate our master bedroom.
- Decorate the half bathroom.
- Buy a fireplace insert.
- Develop and stick to a cleaning schedule.
- Hire a cleaning person to come in and do the tasks that do not bring me joy.
- Purchase a new wardrobe.
- Decorate the patio.
- Build effective storage for the garage.
10. HEALTH & FITNESS: My level 10 life is to be strong, fit, and healthy. I can achieve that with the following goals:
- Exercise 4 times a week.
- Try new fruits
- Try new veggies
- Start running again.
- Control my carb intake.
- Do a cleanse.
- Walk the dog (when we get one).
- Play sports with my family.
What a list! Some of these areas were much harder for me to come up with goals than others.
What would your Level 10 Life look like? I highly encourage you to make your own list and have fun tracking your journey!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!