It’s Day 4 of our 5 Day Challenge of Preparing for Summer Vacation! I hope that the previous challenges have not only got you a little more prepared for summer but also have you excited for summer! I know I am!
Today’s challenge is all about getting your vehicle cleaned out and the summer items put in! The weekend will be here soon and it’s always nice to have it cleaned out, especially if your kids tend to leave ball gloves, toys, DVDs and other miscellaneous items in your vehicle!
Seasons change and what we need to carry with us in our vehicle change as well (especially in Nebraska where it can be nice one day and snow the next). The weather is finally warming up here soon it will be hot. As you clean out your vehicle, here are a few items you may want to consider putting into your car:
- Bug spray or repellent.
- Lawn chairs or stadium seats for ball games and barbecues.
- Umbrella for summer rain or to keep the heat off of you!
- I keep a small container of outside toys to take with us when we go to ball games and other outside activities. It keeps the kids occupied and they are happy to play with these toys! Items I have included are a bucket and scoop, little cars and tractors that can get dirty, bubbles, a plastic doll that can be wiped off, or sidewalk chalk.
- Reusable cooling/heating bags to keep cold foods such as yogurt, cheese, and meat cold after grocery shopping.
- A cooler for those nights you have ball games and will be taking sandwiches or drinks or for bringing home groceries.
- A hat to protect you from the sun
- A charger for your camera
- A package of baby wipes.
- Facial tissues.
- We keep an extra towel in our vehicle as well. Kids can sit on it during those activities, it works to clean up a spill, and it never fails that once swimming season starts, someone will forget their towel at home.
- Hand sanitizer (we work with our 4-H animals in the summer or for anytime there’s not soap and water nearby).
What do you keep in your vehicle during the summer?