Today on the August Self-Care Calendar the task is to to sit down and think about a new habit that you would like to work on.
Here is a small list of habits that crossed my mind when I sat down this morning that could be something that maybe you would like to work on:
- Making my bed each morning
- Planning my Weight Watcher’s points each day before I start eating
- Stop picking at my nails
- Read to the children each evening
- Balancing my checking account everyday
- Cutting coupons for 10 minutes each day
- Walking for 15 minutes each day
- Reading before bed for 15 minutes
- Complimenting my spouse everyday
- Giving my children a compliment everyday
- Opening my Bible for 15 minutes first thing in the morning
- Washing my face every night before bed
- Laying out my clothes for the next day before bed
- Unloading the dishwasher first thing in the morning
- Setting 3 goals to take care of each day
You’re own list will be based on your own personal priorities.
I’ve read several times that it takes 21 days to form a new habit. 21 days, it doesn’t seem like a long time, but yet it does take discipline, intentional planning, and perseverance to get through those 3 weeks to form that new habit. It’s also important to not go crazy and pick 4 to work on at one time. If these habits are not already part of your routine, it will take some work to get them to become permanent habits and taking on too many of them will be overwhelming.
If we started by Sunday, August 10th, working on one habit for 21 days, that new habit would be formed by the end of the month!
I am going to be posting on Facebook about habits for the duration of the month to encourage those of you who are wanting to join me on this journey and will be letting you know later today what my new habit is going to be! I hope you will join me on this fun, intentional journey!