I am a busy woman, just like almost all of you reading this. Sometimes, I’m too busy! Between juggling the hats of mom, wife, chauffeur, farmer, and blogger I’m on the go all the time. Today is one of those days.
We woke up at 6:00 AM (Hello daylight savings time!) to get the kids ready for school and on the bus. Jason, Nora, Ari, and I need to be at an eye appointment for Nora 3 hours away at 10 AM.
After the eye appointment, we will grab lunch (I’ve heard the rumor of The Cheesecake Factory), and start the 3 hour trek home. We will meet my Aunt who generously bought Girl Scout cookies from the two older girls, and head home to pick up kids off the bus by 4 and then back to town to grab the remaining child at AWANA at 5 PM. At 6:30 wrestling starts and goes until 7:30 PM. (We’ll be skipping wrestling tonight because I need some home time and so do the kids.)
Whew. That’s a lot of car time!
How do you manage a home, work, and all the other hats you wear when life is busy?
Here are my best tips for surviving a crazy, busy schedule.
1. Understand that everyone has the same amount of time in a day. Some people are productive and some aren’t. It’s how you use your time! (If you need to try time tracking! You write down everything you do for a certain amount of time to see how you’re spending your time).
2. Know your priorities and align your schedule with those priorities. (Need help? This post can help!). Set boundaries for those things that dont line up with your priorities.
3. Find a planner that you love and use it! Some people love paperless. I don’t. (I do put reminders in my phone to alert me.) I have always been a planner fanatic and this year I’m using an Erin Condren planner. I love it but I’ve tweaked it to work for me.
My planner is divided in 3 sections: appointments, what I need to do, and blogging. I also include my meal plan, goals for each day, and reminders to drink 8 glasses of water, etc.
Make your planner your friend and use it to fit your needs! It will help you stay organized. I love having a pretty planner. It makes me happy and using Pilot FriXion Erasable Gel Ink Pens,
which allow me to keep it pretty. Many people wouldn’t care if they cross something out, I care. Do what works for you!
4. Create a list of 3-5 tasks to finish each day for your to-do list. Put these in order of importance and get to work, one by one!
5. Know what’s for dinner. Even if you plan one day ahead, it will keep you from wondering what to make and getting take out.
6. Have a night time routine. Lay out everyone’s clothes the night before (including shoes, hats and gloves). Pack lunches, backpacks, and check for homework.
7. Get plenty of sleep. If the dishes have to wait until tomorrow, get some sleep. It’s more important to get your sleep than to get everything off your to-do list!
What are your best tips for surviving a crazy, busy schedule?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!
**The links in this post are my referral links. When you order a product through this link it may result in a small commission, which helps me pay the cost of running this site, but does not add any additional cost to you. Thank you for your support of my site and for supporting my family! You can read my disclosure policy here.