How many times have you been so tired after work that you don’t want to make dinner, clear the table, and run the dishwasher? It is so easy to get overwhelmed with life, work, family obligations, and home management. When this happens, it’s hard to do anything let alone take care of our own well-being.
This is your year to ditch some of that overwhelm and focus on your own well-being!
Here are 5 ways to improve your well-being in 2017.
1. Learn To Say No
If you are like me this can be really hard. I don’t like disappoint people. However, I’ve learned I’d rather disappoint people rather than run myself ragged. By evaluating your decision to say yes or no based on your priorities you can choose the best and not feel bad about saying no to the others that don’t align with your priorities.
2. Increase Your Movement
There is nothing that can make you feel less stressed than a brisk walk or exercise. Some people love to swim, jog, or even kick boxing! Everyone knows there is value in exercise, sometimes the hardest part is just finding the exercise that is right for you!
3. Eat More Fruit & Vegetables
If you are like me, emotional eating can be a problem. When I feel stressed or worried it is very common for me to be opening the fridge to pull out something to eat to try to solve my problems. This doesn’t always have to be a bad thing if you are making good choices when you are opening that fridge! Instead of grabbing cookie dough, try a sweet apple, juicy pineapple, or some yummy ripe strawberries. Fruits and veggies are loaded with vitamins that are nutritious for your body and mind.
4. Take Care Of Yourself
Sometimes it’s overwhelming to think about self-care but by doing a few small things at a time, it can make a big difference!
Think about it! Do you feel better in sweats and pjs or when you get dressed, do your makeup and fix your hair? (Don’t get me wrong, I love a good day in sweats, but I am much more productive when I’m dressed for the day with my shoes on, hair washed and have a clean face.) Are you treating your body like a temple that God individually made for you or a landfill to throw in junk?
5. Get The Right Amount of Sleep For You
Everyone requires different amounts of sleep. Knowing the right amount for you makes a huge difference. My ideal number is about 7 1/2 hours. When I take a nap, 30 minutes is it. If I sleep longer than that, I wake up more tired than I was before I laid down. Knowing the right amount of sleep can take a little experimentation. Keeping a sleep journal for a few weeks by jotting down how long you slept and how you felt can help you find out the right amount for you.
Happy Wednesday! Thanks for joining in the party!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the *NEW* 2017 rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. I will from time to time feature you here on the blog or on my social media channels. All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
By being a regular link up participant you are invited to pin to my Pinterest board Women With Intention Wednesdays. I have ~3,000 followers and this will be great exposure for you. You will need to follow me on Pinterest before I can add you! Then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Pinterest information (name and email address that’s associated with your Pinterest account). After I have verified you as a regular contributor here in this community I will add you and you may add your content that is appropriate to my readers and followers. I reserve the right to remove you if I find your content unacceptable without any notice to you.
- I’d love for you to share this link-up with other bloggers. This isn’t mandatory but if you like it here, please share with your friends!
Community building question: Finish this statement- One way I take care of my well-being is __________________.
One way I take care of my well-being is by taking time to read. I love to read books on self-development whether it’s on home management, parenting, marriage, or learning how to do a new task. How about you?