We are a society on the go! Whether it’s to work, ball games, visiting family, or going on the vacation of your dreams, travel is a part of each! Whether you are going 50 miles or 500 miles, it can get expensive quickly. To make the most of your adventure, while saving some money, here are 5 travel tips to save you money (maybe even enough to travel somewhere on your wish list)!
- Search online sites such as Groupon and Ebates for deals. Yesterday I got on Ebates and was pleasantly surprised to see the hotel we’re staying at when my daughter has her first eye therapy appointment is on the list for cash back! I was pretty excited because that is where we wanted to stay anyway. Groupon offers deals on attractions and restaurants.
- Take your own snacks and drinks. Better yet, make some of your own meals! Sometimes this isn’t possible if you are flying but once you get to your destination, a quick grocery store trip for bottled water, soda, and snacks can save you a lot!
- If you are flying know the airlines baggage policy! When we flew to Vegas in December I thought I’d take one suitcase so we didn’t have to check as many bags. It ended up being a bad idea! Our suitcase was overweight, which cost us $125! Checking a second suitcase would have only been $25. Live and learn but I much would have rather paid the $25!
- Have a plan but be flexible! Use the free app GasBuddy to find the cheapest fuel, Google to find out when to visit museums and attractions for free or discounted rates. I’ve found that for our larger family, sometimes it’s cheaper to buy a family pass even if we won’t be using it again! Tripadvisor is also a great way to find reviews on hotels and attractions.
- Travel during off-peak seasons. We tend to go skiing early and late in the season. For summer attractions, going after the school year begins can save a lot of money. Do your research, 2 years ago we saved over $1,000 by skiing a week before Christmas instead of waiting until Christmas or January. A little time spent can save you a lot!
What are your best travel tips?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!
**The links in this post are my referral links. When you order a product through this link it may result in a small commission, which helps me pay the cost of running this site, but does not add any additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! You can read my disclosure policy here.