“One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” ~
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You cry with them, laugh with them, and celebrate successes! Friends are vital to our lives but friendships can be hard to maintain. However, without making time for our friends, we will soon be missing an important part of our lives!
- Connect with your phone! Call her and let her know you’ve been thinking about her. Take 30 minutes and let your friend know how important she is to you! If you can’t call because you are at work, a quick text message can brighten both of your days!
- Exercise together! There’s no accountability like accountability with friends! They keep you honest and focused. Whether it’s walking you dogs (or her dog if you don’t have one), meeting at the gym or at one of your homes this is a great way to connect!
- Send a hand written card. I find handwritten cards to be extremely thoughtful. It takes time to not only write it out but to take the time to mail it adds another dimension of caring. (Maybe it’s because I’m terrible at mailing anything?) Handwritten notes are a beautiful way to let your friend know that you care about her!
- Send flowers. Who says that flowers have to come from your significant other? Many women never receive flowers and a simple bouquet might be one of the most thoughtful gifts she has received. Flowers are cheerful and every time your friend looks at them she will remember how you took the time to make her feel special.
- Meet and eat! Everyone needs to eat and why not do it with a friend? Find a day that you both can meet for coffee, lunch, or for dinner. Get creative! It could be during your lunch hour, brunch on a Saturday while your kids are with your husband, or dessert later in the evening. If your families are friends have a potluck and play yard games.
What is your favorite way to connect with your friends?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!