**This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. As always, I only recommend products I love and use. Thank you for your support! You can read my Disclosure Policy here!
Not long ago on Facebook, I posted this photo that I took at my daughter’s vision therapy office. Part of her therapy is that she is assigned to do the 20 minutes of reading a day, 5 days a week. Because of that we’ve been reading a lot of books (which is great). I know many of you are moms and grandma’s so just in case you need some ideas to read to your littles, here are 5 books we’ve enjoyed this week to look for on your next visit to the library.
1. Motor Dog
This was a book that I grabbed at the library on the way out simply because of the jet pack (I know…great criteria)! I read this out loud to the younger kids last night and they all liked it! The highlight is what “Motor dog’s” name changes to in the end because it is a special puppy name at our house. Both boys (7 & 6 years old) loved it!
Nora (7 years old) chose Kit at the library last week and I was excited! I have always enjoyed the original American girl books (Kirsten, Felicity, Molly, Samantha, etc). Maddie read through all them a few years ago and we had some really fun conversations about how life was for those girls. Nora’s not quite at the reading level that she can read all of the words so I’m going to have to help her which will be fun for both of us.
Maddie (12 years old) has read through almost all of the Nancy Drew series so I’m always surprised when she finds one that she hasn’t read yet.
Ari (4 years old) loves anything that relates to cats and dogs. The kids enjoyed this book because it has facts about different breeds and fun facts that they enjoyed learning about. (They also really want a dog so this was like a wish book!)
We love this story. The kids think it’s hilarious and they all sit and listen to this story! I definitely recommend this one!
Have you read any of these books before? What good books have you read this week?
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome back to another great week of community building and support for one another!
Oh ladies, we had some fantastic posts last week! This week’s featured post comes from Brittany at Equipping Godly Women with The Absolute Best Marriage Advice I’ve Ever Heard. This was the most read post of the party and if you are married or are thinking about getting married, this is definitely something you should consider!
Thank you all for giving me such great posts to read each week! Keep them coming!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured post. I will only feature and pin your post if you have followed the rules. All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
In order to help grow this community with great posts and relationships, I would love it if you would add the party button to your sidebar, your blog directory page, or a text link at the bottom of your post. This isn’t required to participate in the link-up but I would really appreciate it!
If you were featured be sure to grab a button for your site! Thank you for linking up and sharing your great posts!
Loading InLinkz ...
Community building question of the week: What was one of your favorite toys when you were a child?
I loved my Cabbage Patch Kid dolls. I had several and always played that I had a lot of kids. I was destined to be a mom! 🙂