If you battle with perfection, creativity can be hard!
Whether it’s doodling in your planner, coloring an adult coloring book, or letting yourself daydream, perfectionism can destroy any fun or creative ideas you have.
When the fear of your project not turning out “just right” paralyzes you from even starting a project, you miss living a full life.
I know because I suffer from this type of perfectionism.
As Elsa says, I’m going to try to, “Let it go”! (Trust me, I’m going to struggle with it, too.)
This is why I decided for April’s mini-challenge I would do 30 days of creativity and inspiration.
There are so many ways to be creative and to be inspired. I feel like I’ve been stuck in a creative rut lately so I’m going to be creating in my bullet journal, with art supplies, and more. I’ve set some specific challenges and left 1/3 of the days blank so I everything isn’t completely “canned”. I’ll be posting some of my projects on the blog and on Instagram throughout April.
One of the reasons I recently started bullet journaling is to have a place to grow creatively. Here are some of the pages I’ll be adding in my bullet journal in April:
- 30 Day Challenges I want to try.
- My bucket list.
- My dream job.
- My long-term career goals.
- My short-term career goals.
- Favorite Bible verses.
- Things I love.
- Vacations I want to take.
Other ways add creativity and inspiration into my life will be:
- Create my War Room! I’ve wanted to do this and can’t wait for this project!
- Have lunch with a possible business partner.
- Host a get together.
- Research a creative idea that I’m interested in.
- Try a new work out.
- Make a new recipe.
- Eat a new vegetable.
- Go to Hobby Lobby, buy some supplies and out together the project!
- Create an inspiration board.
- Stay offline for 24 hours.
- Make bean bags. Nora needs these to work on her balance for therapy and I’ve wanted to use my sewing machine. Win-win!
If you suffer from perfectionism, I encourage you to join me! I’d love to know what you decide to do to boost your creativity and inspiration!
What inspires you? How do you get your creative side on?
Hi ladies! Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to a new week of Women With Intention Wednesdays! Thanks for the patience last week when I had food poisoning and rejoining the fun this week!
This week’s featured blogger is Shannon with her post #SorryNotSorry|How to actually be YOU without apology! We all need to be ourselves, the way God intended us to be!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger as well as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
I’d love for you to add a button to help spread the word about Women With Intention Wednesdays (thank you)!
If you were featured, please feel free to grab this button!
Loading InLinkz ...
Community Building Question: I love to use beautiful pens when I’m writing. What instrument or tools do you enjoy to create your favorite projects?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!