I love quotes (especially motivational, inspirational, and anything that leads to me feeling ready to take on the world)! I am one of “those” people who will write them in my planner, on a sticky note to put on the fridge or on my computer screen saver. By doing this, when I’m feeling a little down or not wanting to do what I had on my list, I can look at a few of these and instantly I have a little extra pep to get moving (or as my friend, Nancy would say “a bounce in your step”)!
Here are 20 of my favorite motivational quotes. I’d love for you to let me know which is your favorite!
“I am not afraid…I was born to do this.” ~Joan of Arc
“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” ~Jim Rohn
“The difference between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say “no” to almost everything.” ~Warren Buffet
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~Thomas A. Edison
- “I learned that we can do anything, but we can’t do everything…at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them” ~Dan Millman
- “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?” ~Brian Tracy
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” ~Steve Jobs
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” ~Henry David Thoreau
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” ~Confucius
- “If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.” John D. Rockefeller
- “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” ~George Herbert
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ~Socrates
- “A dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true.” ~Greg S. Reid
- “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” ~Og Mandino
- “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” ~Benjamin Franklin
- “You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~C.S. Lewis
- “Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.” ~H.L. Hunt
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” ~Mark Twain
- “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” ~Mark Caine
These are 20 of my favorite motivational quotes. What is your favorite motivational quote (it doesn’t have to be on this list, I’d love some additional quotes)?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!