My mother-in-law gave me this recipe when we were discussing my need for crock pot cooking during this busy month of June! I tried it last week and actually forgot about it so it over-cooked for 2 hours. I wouldn’t recommend that, but it still turned out yummy. My kids like to add brown sugar, peaches or apples to their baked oatmeal. I also think frozen berries or raisins would be tasty as well! Here’s the recipe and hopefully next time I remember to take pictures!
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/3 c. milk
3 cups uncooked oatmeal (rolled or quick)
2 tsp baking powder
- Combine first 5 ingredients into blender. Whip together until well blended.
- Combine the above mixture with the oatmeal and baking powder in a bowl and mix together.
- Grease your slow cooker and dump mixture into it.
- Cook on Low for 3-4 hours until the middle is set and the edges are brown
- Serve hot with milk and fruit. If you allow an extra hour to sit and cool in the slow cooker it will be easier cutting and serving.