2 weeks ago, I told you I was going to give you a look into how to set goals to get results by how I map out my goals. I’m excited that today is the day you get a glimpse. (I tend to have terrible handwriting when I’m in a hurry mapping out goals so I cheated and created this on PicMonkey. So this isn’t *exactly* how I do this process but it’s as close as possible!)
When mapping out goals, the first thing I do is list out my priorities and brain dump goals into each group of priorities. My priorities for this particular goal mapping session included marriage, family, spiritual, this blog, my new business, my Rodan + Fields business, and home management. To get my entire process, you can check out my post here.
After I listed out each priority and brain dumped some goals (this list isn’t complete but I wanted it to fit on one page), I went back through and I gave each goal a date to figure out how to prioritize each goal. Not all goals are created equal! By doing this I can work on those that need done first and then add in the others that occur later. For example, my marriage goal of having an overnight without the kids can happen anytime in 2017. It’s not a priority for January. I will look at that again later on this year. We will hopefully be going skiing next December so I will start planning for that in October and made a note in my planner.
I then narrowed in on my home management goal of streamlining my routines and systems and brain dumped how I think I can do that in 2017. This is a very rough brain dump because my youngest child is switching from morning preschool to afternoon preschool on Wednesday which is honestly going to really mess up my regular routine! So by trying to get a rough draft routine figured out I can adjust as we adjust to this new change.
I have penciled these down into my planner so I can adjust as we adjust. I hope this has been a helpful visual into how I process mapping out goals and can help you map out yours as well. Be sure to leave questions or comments below if you have any!
Happy Wednesday! Thanks for joining in the party!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the *NEW* 2017 rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. I will from time to time feature you here on the blog or on my social media channels. All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
By being a regular link up participant you are invited to pin to my Pinterest board Women With Intention Wednesdays. I have ~2,900 followers and this will be great exposure for you. You will need to follow me on Pinterest, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Pinterest information (name and email address). After I have verified you as a regular contributor here in this community I will add you and you may add your content that is appropriate to my readers and followers. I reserve the right to remove you if I find your content unacceptable without any notice to you.
- I’d love for you to share this link-up with other bloggers. This isn’t mandatory but if you like it here, please share with your friends!
[inlinkz_linkup id=688241 mode=1]
Community building question: Finish this statement- By the end of 2017 I want to be most proud of ___________________ !
I am want to be most proud of the spiritual growth I’ve seen in our family. 🙂