2016 is quickly coming to an end. We a little over 3 weeks to finish those end of the year goals which means it’s also time to start thinking about 2017.
I have always loved this time of year. It’s a time of reflection to see how things went well this year and how they didn’t. It’s a time to think of new adventures and challenges and to see what and where we’ve come from along the way.
The new year brings new beginnings. In order to get there, we first have to know where we’ve come from so we can adjust and get ready for the best year yet.
If you have never conducted your own personal year-end review, grab a notebook and beverage and let’s do some reflecting on 2016!
The first step to conducting your own personal year-end review is to reflect on what went right this year? What are you proud of? What did you accomplish? There is no right or wrong answers to this so be honest with yourself and write down whatever comes to mind. What lessons have you learned from this?
After you’ve went through what went right, it’s time to think about what didn’t. Why didn’t ____ work? Maybe you set a goal to lose weight and you never exercised. Why not? What do you wish that you had more time to do this year?
When you think of 2016 as a whole, how satisfied are you with 2016? If you had to grade your year what letter grade would you give it? Why?
Focus in on what do you want to do next year. Think one year from today…what do you want to have accomplished? What would it take to give yourself an A grade for next year or to feel satisfied? Do you need some new habits or routines to get there?
That leads to the last step of what actionable steps will you need to take to achieve that goal? (You don’t need every step, but be as detailed as you can so you will have a clear idea of what you need to do!) If you need help setting SMART goals check out this post. As you think about your goals think about things that are on your dream list, projects you want to do, to-do’s that you have that you really want to get done, and whatever else speaks to your heart.
Break them up and focus on what steps you can take to achieve those goals in 2017. Prioritize and choose a few to get started on in 2017!
Have you ever conducted your own personal year-end review?
Happy Wednesday! Thanks for joining in the party!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger and possibly another post such as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
[inlinkz_linkup id=683187 mode=1]
Community building question: What was one thing that you are excited that you did in 2016?
This is hard one but for me it was to get over my fear and start a huge project that I’ve wanted to do for a few years. It was scary and totally out of my comfort zone and obviously not quite complete yet but by the end of the year I should be very close to finishing the behind the scenes work. Huge win for a girl who was afraid to begin!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!