I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! (I also hope you are doing well on your challenge if you are participating this time around!)
We had the privilege of watching my nephew get to play in the state Legion baseball tournament this morning. His team won (yea!) and we are planning on going back tomorrow.
Being on the go with the family during a no spend challenge is always a little tricky! Here’s how I’m preparing for tomorrow’s fun without spending:
1. We will be taking our own snacks. I will make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kids as well as taking some treats. I need to make banana bread and muffins and will take some of those as well.
2. Pack a cooler. By taking water and Gatorade from home we can avoid concessions! (Although I’m sure that the kids will talk Grandma and Grandpa into some treats because they do that every ball game!)
3. Pack a bag of things to do. My kids love to draw, play in the dirt, and can get bored easily so it’s good to take something to keep their interest.
4. Make sure everyone goes to the restroom before we leave home and the ballpark. This is common sense but every gas station stop equals a chance to spend extra money. (Plus I always feel guilty stopping without spending anything!)
5. If you will be outside be sure that you have everything you need including a jacket or sweat shirt, sunglasses or hats, sunscreen, an umbrella, and bug spray! In my case, I usually carry an extra change of clothes for the kids in case they spill or get dirty playing in the dirt. My kids are small enough, their stuff fits in a tote I ordered from 31 Gifts and I keep a container of wet wipes in there, too. (I’ve had to stop for new clothes a few times, can you tell?)
What are your best tips to avoid spending while traveling?
Here are a few other links to help you with planning your own No Spend Challenge: