As wives, one of the greatest gifts we can give our husbands is to pray for them. I’ve been working on my own personal prayer journal and wanted to incorporate more scripture into my personal prayers for my husband. I will be updating each Tuesday the next week’s worth of scripture to pray for your husband. I am using the ESV version of the Bible on all of these scriptures.
- For his integrity. The righteous who walks in his integrity—blessed are his children after him! Proverbs 20:7 ESV
- To be humble. He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8 ESV
- For wisdom. The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom, and whatever you get, get insight. Proverbs 4:7 ESV
- To understand God’s plan. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:33 ESV
- To be a Godly example to others. Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12 ESV
- To give quick forgiveness. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13 ESV
- To seek God. But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29 ESV
I hope you will join me in this journey of praying for your husband! What is your favorite scripture verse to pray for your husband?
**Did you miss the other posts in this series? Here they are!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!