(**The links below are my referral links. If you make purchase, I may receive a small commission that I use to help fund this blog. Thank you for your support! You can read my disclosure policy here.)
Did you see my review of Crystal Paine’s (The Money Saving Mom) new book Money-Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference?
I absolutely loved this book and I think it’s absolutely amazing to think of how many women will pursue their dreams from reading this book!
As I revealed in my review, I was inspired to pursue my business with It Works!
Today I’m going to give a little more detail on why I decided to be a money making mom!
Now that Ari is in preschool 4 mornings a week, I have found myself once again in a new season of life. I have 16 hours a week that are kid-free. I haven’t had that amount of time to myself in 8 years.
I’ve enjoyed having more time with Jason and blogging but I’ve also had to start thinking about my plans for when Ari goes to Kindergarten.
Instead of searching for a part-time job where I will have to miss field trips, school parties, and helping Jason when he needs it, I want the freedom to be able to set my own hours and make a part-time income to help pay for the kids’ growing list of activities, family vacations and experiences.
After 2 years of blogging, I am no where close to making a part-time income (I’d be thrilled to make enough to pay for my blog hosting and domain…).
Don’t get me wrong, I love blogging and have no intention of quitting any time in the near future. However, it’s definitely more of a hobby in terms of income potential versus a business.
After being out of the workforce for almost 8 years, I have almost zero desire to go back to my former profession. If I had to, I’d have to get recertified and that profession is definitely not a passion (although I enjoyed my clients).
I miss interacting with women. It’s fun to have a job that you can have a great chat with a friend and help them reach their health and wellness goals.
I love It Works! products! Even though I’m definitely an introvert, when you are using a product and it delivers results, the product sells itself.
I’m a big believer in financial freedom and empowering women. I want other women to experience financial freedom without sacrificing quality time with their families.
Each of us have different business ideas. Money-Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference just might inspire you to open an etsy shop, cupcake bakery, or write a book.
I’d love to know what inspiration Money-Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference gives you!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome back to another great week of community building and support for one another! I’m so glad you are here and I hope you enjoy this week’s featured post and blogger!
This week’s most popular post is from Kelsie at Currently, Kelsie with her post What Rejection Taught Me. Sometimes it is so hard to remember that God’s plan is bigger than our own. Trust him.
Thank you all for giving me such great posts to read each week! Keep them coming!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured post. I will only feature and pin your post if you have followed the rules. All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
In order to help grow this community with great posts and relationships, I would love it if you would add the party button to your sidebar, your blog directory page, or a text link at the bottom of your post. This isn’t required to participate in the link-up but I would really appreciate it!
If you were featured be sure to grab a button for your site! Thank you for linking up and sharing your great posts!
Loading InLinkz ...
Community building questions of the week: What is one thing you are thankful for today?
Today we’re selling our baby calves. I’m thankful that I can help my husband, enjoy living in the country, and that we are so blessed to have our own beef. 🙂