Welcome to a new week! I have a fresh outlook after all the blessings I received during my bout with food poisoning last week!
We had a lot happen last week, sprinkled moments of sadness, joy, laughter and sadness. Here’s a glimpse into our week as well as my goals and meal plan for the week!
10 Goals For The Week:
- Do something intentional each day to make Jason’s day better. He might not even notice these things but small things like making breakfast for him, writing a nice note and leaving it in his pickup, or giving a genuine compliment are all small ways I can be a loving wife.
- Get ready for Maddie’s 13th birthday party! Our very soon-to-be teenager is having 10 girls sleep over on Thursday! I’m excited that the girls are going to be making this pretty Easter egg craft, do mani-pedis and have some fun.
- Read 3 chapters of Hands Free Life. I’m loving this book! In the first 3 chapters I’ve laughed, cried, and nodded in agreement multiple times! I’m pretty sure this will be a top 10 book of 2016!
- Host Maddie’s family birthday party on Easter. When we party, we party! 🙂
- Finalize menu for both birthday parties.
- Sign kids up for summer sports.
- Use time tracker to maximize time while kids are at school.
- Continue Create Meaningful Bedtimes March Mini-Challenge. This has been one of the best challenges! My kids have loved it, I’ve loved it. It also goes hand-in-hand with living a Hands Free Life.
- Find clothes for spring music program. This shouldn’t be hard but their program is next week and want to have things ready.
- Wipe down appliances and cabinets.
Have you set your goals for the week?
5 Things I’m Loving This Week:
- We finally have a new baby calf with some color! His momma’s name is Teddy Bear because of her ears so David (our 6-year-old) named the baby Teddy Roosevelt.
- Bountiful baskets are the bomb! It’s been several months since I’ve gotten a basket due to scheduling issues but we had our pick up on Friday night and the produce was exceptional! I wish I’d have taken a picture of everything we received for $115! (I split some of it with my mom!) I was especially pleased with the strawberries and the Easter pack this week!
- We love soccer! The kids had their first games yesterday! Last night during our meaningful bedtime challenge all 4 kids who played said that soccer was their favorite and best thing of the day. They were so fun to watch!
- Our leprechaun left us treats! David read a story at school how to trap a leprechaun and then he would leave gold coins. Luckily it worked! (The kids were so excited that they named one of our calves Golden Coin after the leprechaun on St. Patrick’s Day.)
- My farmer. Last week was a hard week on our farm. As much as I love new life, the cute babies, and spring there are always hard days, too. This little guy that Jason is feeding is blind. As much as his momma wants to take care of him, it’s been a struggle. Hopefully he’ll figure out how to eat on his own soon but until then we are his life support. I’ve seen my husband struggle to keep these babies alive and the complete disappointment when one dies. Each time it affirms that farming isn’t an easy life but it is our life.
What are you loving this week?
This Week’s Meal Plan:
- Yogurt Parfaits
- Scrambled Eggs
- Cinnamon Toast & Yogurt
- French Toast
- Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
- Leftover Lasagna
- Leftover Our Family’s Favorite Barbecue Meatballs, Cheesy Potatoes, Green Beans
- Sandwiches, Salad, Fruit
- Tacos, Green Beans, Scotcharoos
- Out To Eat
- Grandma’s Hamburger Casserole
- Our Family’s Favorite Barbecue Meatballs, Cheesy Potatoes, Green Beans
- Lazy Day Stew, Homemade Bread
- Grilled Pork Chops & Hot Dogs, Salad, Frozen Sweet Corn
- Pizza, Frozen Sweet Corn, Salad, Jello Poke/ Angel Food Cake
- Out To Eat
- Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks, Fruit, & Chips
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Angel Food Cake
- Carrot Sticks
- String Cheese