There is a lie that most of us believe that has contributed to our “busy” problem that our society is currently under. Due to more people having access to the internet with email, social media, and cell phones, it is the assumption that we need to be available to everyone 24 hours each day.
What a lie! Some of us remember the days before cell phones when people would have to leave us a message if we were outside, unavailable, or were busy and didn’t want to answer the phone! Don’t be tricked into thinking that we have to be at everyone’s convenience. Life was made to be purposeful. By being intentional and unplugging from technology we can spend quality time with our family, get projects finished that are important to us, and live the life we were called to.
If you want to be more focused, unplugging from technology might be your answer!
Here are a 4 ideas to try when unplugging from technology:
1. Set some time each day to unplug or try to go for a longer time such as unplugging for an entire week.
I’ve been working really hard on a few new projects and it seems like I’m glued to my laptop. While I’ve been making significant strides in my business goals, my family still needs to see my face! I also need to give my eyes a rest, get sunshine, smell fresh air, and live life!
I have been trying to not check email until 9 A.M. each morning. Being a stay at home mom, that shouldn’t be that difficult but I’ve found myself checking it first thing in the morning when I wake up. Are any of those messages so urgent that they can’t wait until 9 A.M.? So far…never!
2. Do not plug in to technology until you’ve completed _________.
By focusing on something that you want to complete before you plug in to technology, you will not only get some things done that are urgent or important, but you will also be more motivated to complete them in less time! I’ve been working on adding Hal Elrod’s Miracle Morning into my morning routine. (And it’s made such a difference!) If you struggle with morning routines, I highly recommend Crystal Paine’s Make Over Your Mornings Course. You can read my review of Make Over Your Mornings here!
3. Turn off your notifications.
Whether you get notifications from your social media accounts or email, by turning off your notifications, are free to focus on the important things in life instead of the constant beeping of your notifications.
4. Unplug each night.
Have you thought about making sure you are unplugged for at least 30 minutes before going to bed?
If you are having problems unplugging from technology remember that small steps can lead to big results! Be intentional and you can eliminate the lie that we need to be available to everyone 24 hours a day!
Do you intentionally unplug from technology?
Hi ladies! Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to a new week of Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger as well as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
I’d love for you to add a button to help spread the word about Women With Intention Wednesdays (thank you)!
If you were featured, please feel free to grab this button!
[inlinkz_linkup id=628104 mode=1]
Community Building Question: What is something you do everyday that makes a big impact?
There are many answers to this but I think prayer and love my family are my top 2. Cooking meals, doing laundry, feeding the pets, helping others…we do so much! I’d love your creative answers!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!