Summer’s here which means it’s time for the summer bucket list! I’ve been very absent from the blog for the last month since the kids have been out of school. Carefree summers seem to be a thing of the past because of that horrible new epidemic we all have contracted…the busy syndrome!
Before school got out I decided I have one goal for this summer: to savor each day with our kids.
And I have been!
This has been one of the best summers I can remember, both as an adult and a child. Almost everyday we have been reading for fun, doing some summer homework to keep everyone’s brain working through the summer, playing some softball or baseball, brushing and playing with the cats, watering the flowers and garden, and taking care of the animals. This week we added in swimming lessons and a few trips to the pool.
It’s been wonderful!
As a family we sat down and went through our summer bucket list for 2016. We wanted our list to include activites that are fun and educational. Most of them were relatively cheap and thanks to my Rodan + Fields business we were able to add in a volleyball camp for Maddie at a nearby college and have some extra spending cash for our vacation!
Here’s our Summer Bucket List:
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Have a S’more Night at Mimi and Larry’s
- Have a picnic.
- Volleyball camp.
- Make popsicles.
- Take a family vacation…we’re still debating on a destination. We are debating between going to South Dakota or to take an extended trip to Kansas City. We had such a great time in South Dakota 2 years ago the kids really want to go back!
- Go to a KC Royals game.
- Complete summer reading program.
- Swimming lessons.
- Enjoy fair (This is a goal…fair is usually stressful for mom and dad because of all the work involved!)
- A sleepover at Mimi’s house.
- Have a barbecue with friends.
- Water balloon fight.
- Go to the zoo.
- School shopping.
- Spend a day baking goodies.
These are the things my family is hoping to do this summer. I’m curious! What do you have on your summer bucket list?
Happy Wednesday! Thanks for joining in the party!
Hi ladies! Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to a new week of Women With Intention! In the spirit of summer bucket lists, this week’s feature is Angela from Setting My Intention! Check out her post Our Simple Summer Bucket List to get some fun ideas to add to your own list!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger and possibly another post such as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
I’d love for you to add a button to help spread the word about Women With Intention Wednesdays (thank you)!
If you were featured, please feel free to grab this button!
Community Building Question: What is one of your favorite summer memories as a child?
I loved spending time with my aunts and uncles. I was very fortunate to have several that would take me on vacation with them, let me stay at their house for a week and take me to concerts and activities. It was so much fun!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!