How many non-Catholics do you know that celebrate Lent? Do you celebrate Lent? I grew up Catholic (I’m no longer a participating Catholic, long story that I may blog about at some point) but I have always appreciated the season of Lent. Lent begins today, also known as Ash Wednesday and ends on March 26th. Lent is a time preparing for Easter by fasting and repenting.
The past few weeks I have reflected and prayed about my relationship with God. I’ve been looking for ways to strengthen that relationship. I’m not proud that there are many times that I should be putting God at the center of my life but I also know there is room to grow. That is why this non-Catholic girl celebrates Lent by intentionally using the season of Lent as a time to grow closer in my relationship with the Lord.
Growing up, we seemed to always give something up for Lent. I remember giving up Pepsi, ice cream, and candy bars as a kid. That’s all great but I never found myself feeling a deeper relationship with God after it was over, I was just really happy to be able to eat whatever it was I gave up. (I’m not saying people shouldn’t give up food, I think fasting has its place, it just didn’t work for me.)
So as I thought about Lent 2016 I wanted to not necessarily give up something but to gain in my relationship with God. I have been wanting to do a better job of getting into the Word so this Lent I will be doing 2 things I enjoy. Each day I will be journaling Scripture and praying over how it spoke to me. Not necessarily original or earth shattering but I think it will be good for me!
You can see 5 unique ideas to celebrate Lent here!
Hi ladies! Welcome to week 58 of Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to a new week of Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger as well as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
I’d love for you to add a button to help spread the word about Women With Intention Wednesdays (thank you)!
If you were featured, please feel free to grab this button!
Loading InLinkz ...
Community Building Question: Do you celebrate Lent? If so what are you doing this year? Are you giving anything up or doing something you normally wouldn’t?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!