For those of us in the United States, tomorrow is a holiday. What are your plans for Labor Day?
- Are you going to the lake one last time?
- Are you spending the day with family or friends?
- Are going to spend the day shopping those appealing Labor Day sales?
All three of those ideas can be fun. But I have a challenge for you! What would happen if you actually used some of that holiday to rest. That’s right…rest!
For many of us, Labor Day signifies the end of summer. Some kids will be starting school, and those of us who already have are already in the new routine. As autumn approaches, it seems like the tasks on our to-do lists increase as well. Soon you will be adding holiday shopping, decorating, and entertaining to your already busy schedule. Our body, mind, and soul crave relaxation and rest. Without it, we get run down, tired, and sometimes even sick.
I challenge you to be intentional tomorrow and do at least one thing that is relaxing and that will give you some relaxation and rest. Here are a few ideas:
- Take a nap
- Read a book
- Listen to soft music
- Read your Bible
- Play a board game with your family
- Take a relaxing walk
- Relax in a nice bubbly bath
- Rock your child and tell him a story
- Play with a pet
- Put something in the Crock-Pot so you don’t have to make dinner
None of these are hard to do (and most don’t take long to do), but many of them simply don’t happen because we are always on the go.
What can you do to give yourself a well needed rest? I’d love for each of you to comment at the end of this post one way you like to recharge yourself!