When is the last time you stopped, took a break from the daily grind, and intentionally got some rest?
If you are like me, making myself rest isn’t easily. It’s almost work making myself stop and enjoy the quiet. Why is that? I feel guilty! No matter what, work is never done. There are always jobs that need done whether it is laundry, dishes, or meals to make. But rest is important. It’s important to quiet our loud lives. It is so important that we are commanded to rest in the Bible.
Exodus 20:8-11 (New Living Translation)
8 “Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 You have six days each week for your ordinary work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the Lord your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.
If you have problems resting (even though we are commanded to) here are a few ways to help put the “rest” back in your Sundays:
- Have your meals already prepared in advance for your Sabbath (day of rest). You throw something in a crock pot or have a freezer meal to pop in the oven. Ready made snacks, prepped fruits and vegetables are also a great way to truly keep it a day of rest and not a day of work!
- Do your prep work a day in advance. Catch up on your dishes, pay your bills, run your errands, and do whatever it is that you think you will “feel like you need to do”.
- Go enjoy and rest in nature. Take a walk, lay in the hammock, or gaze at the sky.
- Worship with your family and friends.
- Enjoy great conversation with family and friends. Get out some games and enjoy each other’s company.
- Take a nap!
- Get out your Bible and read a few chapters!
Do you rest on the Sabbath or have intentional time that you rest? Do you have any tips to share with my readers?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!