How many times have you felt overly tired, half-focused and basically a shell of yourself? Whether you are a stay at home mom, a working woman, a work at home woman, or whatever title describes your life, those are the symptoms of a person desperately needing a mental health day.
Yesterday afternoon during my daughter’s basketball game I received a phone call that pretty much rocked my world. It was one of those that you don’t ever want to receive and I was fairly numb the rest of the day.
Last night after I tucked my precious children into bed, prayed for a long time, and snuggled into my husband I finally drifted off to sleep around 2 A.M. I knew I needed some sleep because we had some big things happening at the house this morning but still couldn’t shake the numbness of that horrible phone.
I woke up this morning exhausted and of course, with a headache. I knew I could deal with the few things going on at the house but other than that, it was going to have to be a mental health day.
What is a mental health day?
There may be a true definition of a mental health day but here’s my definition: a day you take for your own self-care because you are stressed out, no longer give a you-know-what, are overly tired, or need some time to focus on you!
What you decide to do on your mental health day depends on you. Some people call their counselor. Some stay in their work out clothes all day and may or may not brush their hair. Others decide to sleep, read, or meet a friend for lunch, exercise, go to a museum, or do a hobby that brings them joy.
My prescription for my own mental health day was staying in my sweats and t-shirt. all day My wonderful husband made me breakfast. (Probably because he knew I wouldn’t have eaten otherwise!) I took a bubble bath, scheduled a massage, and let myself sit and do pretty much nothing the entire morning (which is very rare…I’m a morning person and usually do all of my work in the morning.) After lunch I took a nap. I let the kids make supper while I supervised. I played Tractor-opoly (the farm version of Monopoly) with my boys. We wrestled, giggled, and did homework.
It was necessary!
2 hours after bedtime, I almost feel human again cuddle up with my hubby to watch the news, write this blog post and read a little before bed.
If you have found yourself needing a break, please consider allowing yourself a mental health day. It’s one of the best things I’ve done for myself in a long time!
Do you take mental health days?
Hi ladies! Welcome to week 55 of Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is the link for you to fill out a link to be the Featured Blogger on WWIW’s! There aren’t many questions and I’d love to include you in our features!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger as well as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
I’d love for you to add a button to help spread the word about Women With Intention Wednesdays (thank you)!
If you were featured, please feel free to grab this button!
Loading InLinkz ...
Community Building Question: What is one activity you love that brings you joy?
A few activities that I love are watching my kids play sports, reading, and baking!
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!