It’s the first day of September! As I mentioned in my Goals For The Week, my new habit of the month is to exercise for 15 minutes each day. Last month I didn’t do much to help keep you all accountable to your habits and I didn’t like it.
I’ve had 2 of you (thank you!) email me saying that you would also like to join up with this exercise challenge. For anyone else who would like to join up, I will have a post on Facebook each day where you can check in and just put “done” in the comments or any comment relating to the Exercise Habit Challenge.
Because this exercise challenge is only for 15 minutes, I’m using today as Day 1. If you want to start tomorrow, that is completely fine. Whatever works best for you! We are here to encourage and support each other!
If exercising isn’t working for you as a habit for this month, that is completely fine! Here is a small list of habits that could be something that maybe you would like to work on:
- Making your bed each morning
- Planning your Weight Watcher’s points each day before you start eating
- Stop picking at your nails
- Read to the children each evening
- Balancing the checking account everyday
- Cutting coupons for 10 minutes each day
- Walking for 15 minutes each day
- Reading before bed for 15 minutes
- Complimenting your spouse everyday
- Giving your children a compliment everyday
- Opening your Bible for 15 minutes first thing in the morning
- Washing your face every night before bed
- Laying out clothes for the next day before bed
- Unloading the dishwasher first thing in the morning
- Setting 3 goals to take care of each day
You’re own list will be based on your own personal priorities. You may also link up on Facebook for extra encouragement and accountability. Let us know what habit you are working on, you might inspire someone else!
I’ve read several times that it takes 21 days to form a new habit. 21 days, it doesn’t seem like a long time, but yet it does take discipline, intentional planning, and perseverance to get through those 3 weeks to form that new habit. It’s also important to not go crazy and pick 4 to work on at one time. If these habits are not already part of your routine, it will take some work to get them to become permanent habits and taking on too many of them will be overwhelming.
I hope you are excited about this journey and will be intentional about joining us!