I had an epiphany today! How often do you hear about being fit? Usually we associate physical fitness with diet and exercise. Have you ever thought about being financially fit? The more I thought about what it takes to be financially fit, I realized that financial fitness is very similar to physical fitness.
Are you thinking that I may have lost it? Maybe, but hear me out!
Both financial fitness and physical fitness require discipline! Discipline is hard and most people don’t want to put in the work. However, when we are intentional with both types of fitness, whether it is by watching the bank account, staying on budget or watching what we put into our mouths, we are rewarded for our intentionality.
Hard work pays off! When we are financially fit, living within our means and knowing needs verses wants we are rewarded by being able to pay off debt, build savings and complete after our financial goals. When we are physically fit, we live a healthier life style, fit into our clothes, and have more energy.
Here are a few tips to get you financially fit:
- What are your priorities?
- Set S.M.A.R.T. Goals (Learn how here or learn how to set goals with an action plan here)
- Find an accountability partner or keep a journal. Record your challenges and successes. You will become more aware of your strengths and weaknesses by doing so.
- Be consistent! The more consistent you can be with staying on budget or with exercising and eat right, the more successful you will be!
- Don’t compare yourself to others! Everyone is battling different battles.
- Be patient. It will take time to get financially fit and physically fit.
- Do something every day to move yourself closer to your goals.
- Keep your goals in front of you. Put them on your fridge, mirror in your bathroom and a sticky note on your steering wheel. All will help you be aware and intentional!
- Drink more water! It saves you time and calories keeping you fit in both areas!
- Stay home more often, it will help with saving money and by having access to better choices to eat.
What do you think? What tip would help you get fit? Do you have any fitness tips for my readers whether financial or physical?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!