My One Word 2016 is delight. When I set my goals for 2016, I made sure that my goals would give me delight as I complete them. I set 10 Goals For February that not only will give me delight but will also help me carry out my goals for 2016!
Here are my February 2016 Goals:
- Complete February “I Love You” Mini-Challenge. I’m so excited about this because I think it will be fun and be a great experience for our family.
- Make 2 extra payments on my student loan. I realized that I could pay off my student loan this year if I added $200 a month to my regular payment. This would pay it off 21 months early!
- Read 3 books. I have 3 new books that I want to read in February. First is Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits–to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life by Gretchen Rubin. I checked this out from the library and considering we are in a Blizzard Warning starting tonight I’m glad I have it! I also ordered Breaking Busy: How to Find Peace and Purpose in a World of Crazy by Alli Worthington and Taming the To-Do List: How to Choose Your Best Work Every Day by Glynnis Whitwer. They are both on their way from Amazon and I can’t wait to start on them!
- Finish February 2016’s editorial calendar for the blog and start on March’s editorial calendar. Getting myself organized to blog is something I struggle with on a daily basis. This is one area I’m hoping to improve on in 2016 verses “winging it” as I have done in the past.
- Play with Silhouette Cameo’s software online. I’m going to be honest here, this software is intimidating! However, after doing a lot of research, I feel this is the right machine to help me with my 2016 projects for the blog!
- Track my time. Last week when I read I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time the author recommended keeping a time journal. I did this and was amazed at how much time I was wasting waiting on people and wandering around the house without direction. I don’t expect to be a machine but there are a lot of hobbies I’d like to have more time for that I will be working into my time journal!
- Clean and organize the storage room downstairs. (This will help me get the remaining boxes out of my laundry room so that will complete January’s goal, too!)
- Exercise 4 times a week. I’m continuing my January mini-challenge of exercising 4 times a week. I am starting a fitness challenge with some friends that will definitely be challenging.
- Make Snow Ice Cream. Considering it’s supposed to blizzard late today and tomorrow, I think this is definitely can be done to complete my February family experience! You can see my 12 Fun Family Experiences here!
- Collaborate with 2 new business partners.
What are your goals for February?
Now onto my January Goals Recap! I was very satisfied with my progress on my January goals! I didn’t get all of them accomplished but I did get many of them! That’s a win! I don’t expect perfection but I know by setting these goals I have something to aim at!
Payoff credit card.December was a really expensive month this year with the added expenses of finishing our house and my root canal. I don’t mind using my credit card for rewards but it needs to be paid off. Make 2 extra payments on my student loan.I had to really tighten my belt to get this done in January. Realistically for February, I’m going to have to start making some money on the side. I know I can do this through my It Works! business and hopefully I’ll soon have a few products ready to go! Read 2 books. I have 2 new books that I want to read ASAP! When Amazon had a 25% off coupon I bought I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time by Laura Vanderkam (I love her books) and my library recently bought PUSH: 30 Days to Turbocharged Habits, a Bangin’ Body, and the Life You Deserve! by Chalene Johnson. I’m really excited to read them both! Put together the 2016 plan for the blog.I have tons of ideas that I’m really excited about! I need to make an outline with everything I need scheduled to complete! Research Silhouette Cameo’s and Cricut Explore. I am leaning towards a Silhouette. I will know more by the end of February! I’m working developing some new products for the blog and I think this is what I’m looking for. (Do any of you have one?)
- Schedule New Year Facebook party! I have a bunch of fun new giveaways and since I’ve never done a Facebook party, this is a great time to start! I didn’t get this done. Hopefully I will schedule one in the next few months.
- Clean and organize laundry room. My laundry room has been the go-to place for piling boxes that don’t have a home yet on our main floor of the house. I made progress on this but not enough to cross it off. I will finish in February
Exercise 4 times a week.This is my mini-challenge goal for January. I haven’t been on the elliptical in a month because I’ve got my exercise by moving, cleaning, etc. Now that we are semi-settled, it’s time to get back on the machine to stay in shape! Finish filling in planner.I need to add in all the school events for 2016. Collaborate with 2 new business partners.More to come on that!
How did you do on your goals in January?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!