I don’t know about you, but in my house there are 2 types of people: morning people and night owls (also known as NON-morning people)!
You know what I mean, my morning people children are the ones who bounce out of bed, before the alarm goes off. They’re ready to start their day and are eager to get to it!
My night owls would rather stay up late, hit the snooze button at least 4 times, and drag themselves from task to task in the morning before it’s time for school.
Whether you are a morning person or not, there are things you can do to start your day off right. These healthy morning habits not only help with productivity and focus, they also help with a healthier lifestyle! (Need more helping developing habits? Check this out!)
Here are 6 healthy morning habits to start your day off right:
- Drink some water!
- After 8 hours of sleep you need to rehydrate! Starting your morning with some water gets you that hydration your body is craving and if you add some lemon to your water it will also help with digestion (and taste if you like lemon water)!
- Eat a nutritious breakfast.
- I love protein-packed shakes, scrambled eggs, yogurt and granola or oatmeal to get me started in the morning. These help fill me up and I add in my greens mixed with orange juice for some extra fruits and veggies.
- It doesn’t have to be very long, but a quick, 10-minute workout DVD, a brisk walk around the neighborhood or even 100 jumping jacks gets your heart rate up and pumping, ready for a new day.
- Indulge in some quiet time.
- Whether you meditate, journal, or pray, having some quiet time is a great way to stay centered.
- Tell someone “I love you”.
- Being intentional about telling someone “I love you” not only shows how much you care but also shows how grateful you are to have that person in your life. There are no guarantees in life. Let your loved ones know how much you care!
- Even if you would only read 5 pages a day, that’s 1,825 pages each year!
Do you struggle with healthy morning habits?
Hi ladies! Welcome to week 60 of Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to a new week of Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger as well as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
I’d love for you to add a button to help spread the word about Women With Intention Wednesdays (thank you)!
If you were featured, please feel free to grab this button!
Community Building Question: What is one habit you would like to give up or adopt?
I would like to adopt the habit of shutting the computer down each day when the kids get home from school. (That would mean I’d have to get all of my work done before 4 P.M. but I’d love to have the rest of the day to spend with my family.)
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!