Who is your favorite person to talk to when you have a problem, need to vent, or just need some good advice? Why is this person your favorite? Most likely, you go appreciate this person because he or she extends love to you in one of the following ways:
- Gives Generously. A great way to extend love to others is by giving generously. There are numerous ways to give generously! Whether it is donating to a worthy cause or by giving time, people who give generously let others know they are important and are loved.
- Listens Attentively. I think this is one of the best way of showing your love to others. (To be honest, I’m probably the worst at doing it!) Do you have those people in your life that listen without interrupting, without judgment and without a solution before you even finish the conversation? If so, they show you love every time you have a conversation!
- Forgives Quickly. Right or wrong, when it comes to a disagreement do you forgive quickly and reconcile with the other person? By branching out and forgiving others, you are demonstrating love. So many people are stubborn and will not forgive. If you need more information about forgiveness, read my post here.
- Is Available. When someone needs you, do you make yourself available? Whether it’s in person, by phone or even email…all of these are ways to express love to others when they are hurting or needing advice.
- Prays Unceasingly. Sometimes the only way to extend love to someone is through prayer. If it’s a broken relationship, the only way to offer love may be through prayer. God is a miracle worker. Keep praying!
Think back to that person at the beginning of this post that you talk to when you have a problem, need to vent, or go to for advice. Does this person show you love in one of the ways above?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!