As another month has passed by have you found yourself wishing for better organization and less hustle throughout the month?
I have found a few tricks to help me prepare for the month that makes my life less crazy. None of these take a lot of time and each one helps have a more successful month because you will have a plan! I hope that by sharing these they will help you live with less stress and busyness!
Here are 5 things to do at the beginning of every month to help you have a more productive, organized month!
Make a budget!
- Whether you are a budget whiz or a newbie, making a budget will benefit you in many ways. You will know where your money is going. Wouldn’t it be nice to be the boss of your money? If you are trying to pay down debt, you will know exactly how much extra money you have to do so. If you need help making a budget look here!
Clean out your refrigerator.
- I’m not saying you have to get crazy with defrosting your freezer but a quick cleaning of your refrigerator will save you time down the road. Throwing out the nasty expired food, wiping out the shelves and drawers, and checking your staples. You can find detailed instructions here!
Clean out your car.
- This task might seem a little strange to include but I did it for a few reasons. People seem to fall into 2 groups when it comes to cleaning out vehicles: either your car is always clean or it seldom is! If you fall into the second group (I do…5 kids do not make a clean car!) it’s easy to think that you need to clean it out but doing it isn’t always a priority.
- After you clean out the car check your gas gauge? Do you need fuel? Do you need to schedule an oil change? Do your tires need rotated or is there anything else that needs maintenance?
Check out your calendar.
- You all know that I am a planning guru. The reason I want you to do this at the beginning of the month is to help you be organized! Look for any occasion that you need a to buy something like a card or a gift (write down what you need to buy on your shopping list). Are there any events that you need to budget extra money for (day camps, a movie date, or dentist appointment)? If so, add that into your budget! If you need help planning look here!
Set at least one goal or mini-challenge!
- You all know that I’m a big fan of setting goals to live an intentional life. I also realize that people can be completely overwhelmed by setting goals. This is why a mini-challenge or setting one goal is perfect. What is one thing that would make your life happier, more productive, better, or easier. Choose one thing to work on for that month. Schedule time to work on it into your calendar (back to step 4)!
Would these tips help you be better organized? What do you do at the beginning of the month to help you live with less stress and busyness?
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!