Since Saturday we have had about 6″ of rain. (Which was a huge blessing since we were entering a drought.)
When it hasn’t been raining, the weather has been overcast, cool, and depressing! I’ve realized that 5 days without sunshine wears on me. I’ve been extra tired and I’ve struggled getting motivated to do the household tasks that needed done. I’ve had a bad attitude. I’ve been snippy with the kids.
Have you ever found yourself feeling that way?
Of course you have! We have good days and bad days. How do you get over a bad attitude?
I’m not a natural gloomy person. I’m always excited for a new day and try to find the good in everything. So the gloomy, lethargic attitude had to go! Here’s how I did it!
Here are 4 Ways To Get Over A Bad Attitude:
Reconnect with a friend.
I was very excited to email one of my friends and get her insight on a project I’m working on. We have so much in common but live a few hours apart so this really helped motivate me! I’ve been relentlessly working on a new project and reconnecting with her was just the motivation I needed!
The kids and I started a new bedtime routine last month. Last week we added a new twist to that routine. The younger 4 kids have told me 5 sentence stories of Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee. (We had to limit to 5 sentences for all 4 kids to do this and still make it to bed on time! Plus it helps them decide the best details of the story!)
These stories are insanely ridiculous and creative! I’ve found myself laughing simply because the kids are laughing so hard over their story. (Tweedle Dum got sprayed by a skunk tonight!) Laughter truly is the best medicine.
Gratitude is one of the most important things I feel I can teach my kids. There is always something to be grateful for. (We do 2 things they are grateful for each night and 3 good things that happened that day during our bedtime routine as well.) By focusing on everything that’s good and that I am grateful for, it’s so easy to see all the blessings God has bestowed on me.
I’m always amazed how great I feel after a long, hot shower, the happiness a cheap bouquet of flowers brings me, how refreshed I feel after reading a motivating book, or how refreshed I feel after a brisk walk. Your self-care may not be the same as mine, do things you love to do! You won’t regret it and you will get over your bad attitude!
How do you get over a bad attitude?
Hi ladies! Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Welcome to a new week of Women With Intention Wednesdays! I am pleased to welcome 2 featured bloggers to Women With Intention Wednesdays this week!
Please welcome Ashley from The Naturally Real Life with her post 1 Simple Tip For An AWESOME Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured blogger as well as the most popular post. I will only feature you and the most popular posts if you have followed the rules (otherwise I’ll move on to the next most popular post). All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
I’d love for you to add a button to help spread the word about Women With Intention Wednesdays (thank you)!
If you were featured, please feel free to grab this button!
[inlinkz_linkup id=626271 mode=1]
Community Building Question: If I gave you $20 and told you to do whatever you wanted as long as it would help someone, what would you do with that $20?
I would buy as much food as I could (on sale of course) and donate it to our church for the community pantry. Either that or I’d buy diapers for a single mom. 🙂
Have you enjoyed what you read here today? Do you have friends or other women you know that could benefit from this resource? If so, please do me a favor! I have included the links below to share with other intentional women! They’ll be glad you did!