I love summer! It’s my favorite time of year. The kids are out of school, the pool is open, we get to be home enjoying life instead of running to activities and bed time does not dictate if tomorrow will be a good day or not!
As I sat down to write this post, I originally had planned 5 simple summer indulgences and the number quickly turned to 10. I know there are many more because summer is all about simple joy but here are my favorite 10 simple summer indulgences! I’d love to know what you’d add to the list!
**Some of the links in this post are my referral links. When you order a product through this link it may result in a small commission, which helps me pay the cost of running this site, but does not add any additional cost to you. Thank you for your support of my site and for supporting my family! You can read my disclosure policy here.
1. Hello, Sandals!
For anyone who knows me, you know as soon as the snow is gone and the ground is no longer muddy, I am breaking out the sandals! I hate socks and summer gives me the joy of not having to wear them. Flip flops make my heart happy!
2. Goodbye Morning Rush!
I love saying, “adios” to my alarm clock, trying to find a lost shoe, overly tired kids, and homework! Summer is a time of relaxation and rest. My family is much happier without the crazy morning rush when we can move at our own pace!
3. Summer Smells So Good!
My favorite smells of summer are kids wearing sunscreen, tropical smelling suntan lotion, people grilling tasty treats on their barbecues, campfires, and fresh cut grass and alfalfa.
Each person has different smells associated with summer, what are yours?
4. Who’s Up For Backyard Games?
We love to play during the summer. Whether it’s a game of baseball, tag, Ring Toss, ladder ball, hopscotch, or lawn darts you can find my family outside enjoying some together time! I look forward to this time all year long!
5. Sand between your toes and long leisurely boat rides.
I love the cool sand between my toes. I equally love taking a long, relaxing boat ride to calm my mind and nerves. There’s nothing better than a cold iced tea, a magazine, and leisure time on the boat!
6. Homemade ice cream!
I crave homemade ice cream all year and am very lucky that Jason’s mom usually makes it a few times during the summer and shares with us. There is nothing sweeter than homemade vanilla ice cream and Vickie’s chocolate sheet cake! A tasty indulgence, indeed!
7. Garden Fresh Produce.
Sweet corn, fresh fruit, green beans, summer squash, baby potatoes, zucchini, and red, ripe juicy tomatoes straight from the garden are all tasty indulgences that only the summer can bring. My kids love nothing more than an entire meal created at our farm that we grew ourselves and I would have to agree with them. It is the best tasting food around and very rewarding to be able to eat things we grew ourselves!
8. Water balloon fights.
At least once a summer I fill up 2 laundry baskets with water balloons and we have a great morning water balloon fight. It’s a blast and on those really hot days, nothing feels better! I usually get a “YOU’RE THE BEST, MOM” on those days, too. It’s great fun!
9. County Fair
4-H animals, projects, the carnival and a funnel cake. It’s a kid paradise and fun for grown ups, too!
10. Chasing Fireflies (or lightning bugs) depending on where you’re from).
Each summer the kids enjoy trying to catch fireflies. I saw our first one a few nights ago so I’m sure we will be engaging in this activity soon!
These are my 10 simple summer indulgences! What are yours?
Welcome to Women With Intention Wednesdays!
This week I’m happy to feature 2 great posts! The first is from Susan with her post “The Hooker & Homeless”. This post had me feeling each and every emotion she felt. Beautiful!
The second post is from Misty with “I’m Losing Memories”. I thought it was a great reminder of why it’s important to live in the moment.
Thank you both for sharing your hearts!
I hope you have all been enjoying this link up, I know that I enjoy your posts and community! Thank you for helping make it successful each week by not only following the rules but for writing such great posts! I really enjoy them and I always receive great feedback from others that they enjoy your posts as well!
Here is what you will find at Women With Intention Wednesdays:
- This is a link up party where you come to encourage one another, have fun, and share your best posts to help women live their best life!
- In other words, any post that you have written about Christian living, homemaking, relationships, healthy living, living a frugal life or that helps another woman can be included in this link up! Please just keep them family friendly (I reserve the right to remove anything that I feel isn’t appropriate).
- This link up is beneficial for every woman! Whether you are a blogger or a reader, this is one you won’t want to miss! I’m very excited to offer this link up as a place to not only build new relationships between bloggers but also by providing an awesome resource of information for my readers!
Here are the rules of this link up:
- You must link directly to your post (no homepages, please).
- Please link up no more than 2 posts each week and please do not link up the same post week after week.
For every link you add, please visit the link before you and one other of your choice. If your links are consecutive visit the blogger before you and your choice for the 2nd link. It’s impossible to build relationships when no one communicates! I’ve had a few bloggers email me who haven’t had any clicks and there were more last week than any before. Please don’t link and run!
- By linking up you give me permission to share your posts and photos on this blog and social media. Each week I will choose a featured post. I will only feature and pin your post if you have followed the rules. All features will be linked back to the original source.
- You also give me permission to email you a quick reminder that the party is live. You may opt out anytime. I don’t spam my readers with emails.
- Answer the community building question below so we all get to know each other! That’s the purpose of being here! 🙂
In order to help grow this community with great posts and relationships, I would love it if you would add the party button to your sidebar, your blog directory page, or a text link at the bottom of your post. This isn’t required to participate in the link-up but I would really appreciate it!
If you were featured be sure to grab a button for your site! Thank you for linking up and sharing your great posts!
Community building question of the week: What is one simple summer indulgence you love?